Carpe Diem - Aiken Campus
Carpe Diem- Aiken is a tuition-free charter school, for 7-12 grade students, sponsored by Cincinnati Public Schools. The highly successful Carpe Diem model combines a personalized curriculum with state-of-the-art technology and high levels of support to give students a leg up as they prepare for college, careers and beyond.
Carpe Diem-Aiken will share the new, state-of-the-art Aiken High School campus with New Tech. The Aiken campus is located at 5641 Belmont Avenue in College Hill. Carpe Diem- Aiken students will benefit from a highly successful blended curriculum, which combines digital learning with time in a small classroom.
Learning is a lifelong endeavor, and we believe students shouldn’t be constrained by the typical classroom or school day. Carpe Diem’s blended learning model (digital curriculum plus high quality, personalized instruction) gives every student an opportunity to create an education plan that fits his or her life – and our graduation rates clearly show that our model works.
Carpe Diem Schools tailor a high-quality education to a complete spectrum of students from all backgrounds and all abilities. While we recognize that the Carpe Diem model is not for everyone, many students and their parents may find Carpe Diem-Aiken their best education solution.
- Carpe Diem meets each student at their current level and then builds competency and confidence through hard work and encouragement.
- Our students master material prior to moving on to the next level…so they learn at a pace that’s individual to them, not the pace of an entire classroom.
- The Carpe Diem education model challenges students to achieve by giving them the freedom to exceed expectations and gain confidence and a sense of control in their lives.
- Carpe Diem-Aiken provides an accelerated pace of study and more challenge to students who value the opportunity to earn college credits while completing high school.
- Students who enjoy using new technology thrive on the blended learning model that places value on digital learning used as major part of curriculum.
- Our students aren’t labeled by a single grade level but are rewarded for successfully mastering each subject.
- Carpe Diem is a great fit for home-schooled students ready for middle or high school.
- Carpe Diem’s curriculum blends classroom instruction with digital coursework allowing for flexible scheduling to make learning fit today’s busier schedules.
- Some students learn best in a smaller school where one-to-one attention is available to each and every student.
- Some students equate smaller with safer…a school where there is a family culture and no bullying.
Carpe Diem-Aiken high school students are provided with an opportunity to earn college credits through digital coursework that prepares them to take CLEP exams (College Level Examination Program). Students who successfully pass a course-specific CLEP exam are granted college credits. Over 80% of U.S. colleges and universities recognize and grant college credits for students who successfully pass a CLEP examination.
To learn more about what a Carpe Diem education could mean to you…email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Tyree Gaines, Carpe Diem-Aiken Principal, at 513-783-1025.